Saturday, August 30, 2008

Where have I been?

Well...

I didn't forget that I have a blog. I didn't forget my password, although that would be an excellent excuse. I don't have a lot of excuses, other than to say that blogging has not been at the top of my priority list!

This summer, we have finished renovations on the parsonage. We added a master suite with master bedroom, master bath, walk-in closet, another new bath for the hallway, and we moved the washer/dryer to the new addition (which we love!) We also moved Elizabeth into our old room, moved the guest room, and created a "play room" for Elizabeth (and for Susan to scrapbook in!) There were windows and doors to "patch" and rooms to paint, and we are so appreciative to the church for this addition. But we are glad that all of the construction and moving is over!

Susan has started a new job! With me. Hopefully she will like her new "boss." LOL! Anyway, Susan is now the Director of Spiritual Formation at Centenary! She will oversee the children's and youth ministries, Sunday School programs, family ministries, and outreach ministries. I feel that Centenary is so blessed to have Susan and her organizational skills as well as her passion for ministries. After the stress of her last job, this is a welcome relief! Susan will work around 25 hours per week, which will allow her to have time with Elizabeth and that brings us to...

Elizabeth is now a kindergartener at Mount Ulla Elementary! Now, who feels old? (Don't answer that!) She has adjusted very well. Much better than her parents! The first day she walked in, found her cubby, her pencil box, and she sat down and began drawing a picture. Susan and I were, like, "Ok. Bye!" She was in her element. I am thankful to have a rambunctuous, independent, fearless child. (At least most of the time!)

Now it is almost September. We have been up too late watching the Olympics, we have been working at the church, at home arranging things, getting Elizabeth ready for school, and through it all, it has been such a blessing to know that God is with us through it all. I hope and pray that you feel God's presence too.

With all the talk of political conventions, the election, running mates, and now hurricanes, be in prayer for our country and our world. May God bless us in this upcoming Fall, and always. I will try to not be a stranger to this blog. You don't be one either! Join us for worship this Sunday, and feel free to leave a comment or e-mail me!

In Christ,
O.

No comments: