I love the group Casting Crowns, and this song, "Does Anybody Hear Her?" speaks to me about what so many people must be facing in every day life. I wonder how many people walk or drive by our churches without knowing that they are truly welcome? I wonder how many people we pass every day think that no one really cares for them? I wonder how many opportunities we miss as Christians to share Christ's love because we are resistant to seeing Christ in all the people we meet? I wonder how many rolled eyes have passed over people in disapproval when what they really needed was to be seen for who they are: beloved children of God. We are all sinners in need of God's grace. We are all utterly and completely dependent on God. We must never forget that...
I am especially convicted by the line: "searching for the hope that's tucked away in you and me..." Are we hiding our faith and only showing it when it's convenient or when we feel comfortable, or is Christ shining through all the time? People are watching...People are searching...People are hoping against hope that someone will notice...

2 comments:
Hey! I am testing my ability to post something on your blog!!! Love you! S.
Hey! Looks like you got it worked out! Love you back! :)
Post a Comment