Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Remember Your Family...

Over the past few days, we have had several deaths connected to our church: Elak Williams (Tony Williams' father), Vanoyd Lee (Eddie Lee's father), and Allie Shulenburger (Anne Jones' mother). Please remember these families in your prayers. We also celebrate their lives, their faithfulness to family, and their faith in a resurrected Lord.

I have had several family members from these different families remark how important time is. They have spent time with their loved ones and been there with them until the end. They remind us all of how fleeting time is and how we should not take our families for granted. I know I am challenged by this, especially as things get busy. We must set aside time to be fully present with the people who love us most in this world. May we all remind one another of this when we see someone get "bent out of shape" by the busy-ness of life. Just simply ask, "Have you been home lately? Have you taken any time off?" After all, Jesus got away from the crowds so he could have some time with his Abba, his "Daddy." Love the people around you and cherish the time you have!

Laugh, live, and celebrate God's love,
Oliver

2 comments:

Travis said...

Hey, Oliver! Great post. Hope you all are doing well. Yes, HSM is fun...it is so much fun enjoying the same movies you kids enjoy. And I am the blubbering idiot at the end. I am such a cheese.

Anonymous said...

Ok, ok, ok....I know that working 12+ hours today was too much! Time is so important and we never get it back. I am just glad that some of that time today I was able to be with Elizabeth and be her "teacher" (even if she refused to listen to me!) because at least I had some time with her! Time to sign off and come home to you both! S.