Friday, April 18, 2008

I Can See...

A couple of weeks ago, I got to sing one of my very favorite songs of all time, "I Can See" by David Meece. I remember one of the first audiotapes I ever got (stay with me young folks) was "He Holds the Keys" by Steve Green. He sang "I Can See" on that album, and I would play it over and over and over. I wore it out. I would turn the stereo up as loud as it would go in my red 1983 Chevrolet Chevette with orange racing stripes and louvers on the back glass (classy, huh?). I was blessed over and over by Steve Green's tenor and the conviction and words and incredible piano music. Wow. God is so good.

Even though I was recovering from a cold (no excuses, now) I decided to sing it and I was so thankful for our organist, Laura Myers, who played the piano so beautifully! I have only tried to sing it a couple of times. It is high -- for one thing -- and I can't help but hear Steve Green sing it so effortlessly. I preached on Jesus meeting the two men on the walk to Emmaus, and I closed with "I Can See." I had some people request to hear it, so I attempted to make a video with pictures to go along with it. Pay no attention to me singing it, I hope you hear the words. In everyday life, Jesus' presence is all around us. He just wants us to see that he is with us! We are never alone, no matter what happens, no matter the circumstances; we are not alone in this world. He is there. Can you see who walks with you? Can you hear who speaks your name? Can you feel something stirring in your heart?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank God you got that polyp taken off your vocal cords! Your voice has never sounded better! Love you! S.