Friday, April 18, 2008

Busy Week!

I wanted to post about American Idol this week and many other things, but life got in the way! We've been busy this week -- the addition on our parsonage is busily underway! I simply can't believe how quickly things have moved since last Sunday's Church Council meeting. The footings have been poured, we have a new septic tank, and the side of the house is gone and under plastic. We are so excited about the new rooms that are being added -- the new master bedroom, the TWO new bathrooms (and losing the narrow hallway one we now have), the walk-in closet in our bedroom, and the washer/dryer closet right by our bedroom! I will give updates as they come, and I will try to post a picture or two. Our dog Gabby, who is nearing 100 hates it and has been hiding out in the study away from the noise. We hope she makes it through this!

On another busy note, I had some minor surgery today. I went to the dermatologist and a couple suspcicious spots were noticed on my back. So today I went in and had them removed. All of the spots. And everything underneath. Way underneath. I just remember them talking about "understitches" under the top stitches. And for someone who's never had stitches of any kind in his 38 years, well, let's just say I'm glad it's all done. I am hopeful and prayerful that everything tests okay. I have a great doctor who has an awesome attitude and did a fantastic job. Thank you for your prayers. I know God is good. I have witnessed his mighty works in the lives and faithfulness of people around me. He is mighty to protect and to save.

Let's just say regarding American Idol that I was frankly impressed with the contestants this week. I worried about how they would handle Mariah Carey, and I thought they all did great. I do believe the judges were harsher than they should have been on the girls. I wonder if they still made comparisons to MC? I mean, c'mon ya'll, she has a 5 octave range! Who can compare to that? Very few. David Cook was probably my favorite, and I got goosebumps during David Archleta's song, which is a good sign too! Of course, I love the movie "The Prince of Egypt" anyway, so his choice was perfect. Kristy Lee being eliminated was not really a surprise, but I hope Brooke starts having better weeks. I am worried.

Everyone have a great weekend. I will try to -- even though I can't lean back or lay down. But I will try! God bless!

No comments: