If you know me, you know that I absolutely LOVE Appalachian State University. I loved every single moment I spent on ASU's campus as an undergraduate from 1988-1993 (now I am dating myself!) It is a special place for Susan and me. It was there that we met. It was on ASU's campus and in the beautiful city of Boone, NC that I felt God's calling being solidified in my life and heart. And did we love to go to football games! Susan was in the Marching Mountaineers (THE Band of Distinction, thank you!) and she was in the color guard. What awesome times we had! I have always appreciated football coach Jerry Moore, not only for all the wins, not only for all the National Championships (and that's three in a row, now, in case you were wondering!), but also for the respect he commanded from his players and for the dignity he conveyed. After I watched the video below, I have a newly found respect for him as a strong Christian man who exemplifies the love of Christ in his life and shares that with his players. Go ASU! And thank you, Jerry Moore for your witness in faith and trust in God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment